1. Grown-ups heat up the oil in the pan at a high temperature.
2. Test the heat of the oil when it starts to bubble by adding a couple of popcorn kernals to the pan.
3. When they begin popping, add the rest of the kernals to the pan. Keep them even across the bottom of the pan.
4. As they begin to pop, put the lid back on the pan and remove it from the heat. Leave the heat on.
5. Time 30 seconds and then put the pan back on the heat with the lid on.
6. The corn should now be popping away. Move the pan around to shift the corn so that all the corn pops.
7. When the popping slows down and you are waiting more than 5 seconds between pops, remove the pan from the heat.
8. Pour the popcorn into a large bowl.
9. Drizzle in the melted butter and add salt and sugar to taste.
10. Get cosy and eat! Yum.