Our ‘happy’ edition is focused on the happiness brought about by music. Our list of 10 this bundle is a mix of musical inspiration and other things too 😊
1. Smile and the world smiles with you. Cheesy? Yes. But so true. A smile is often returned and makes the smiler feel good and the recipient feel noticed.
2. Spend time with people who make you feel happy. Notice the spring in your step after a day together.
3. Hum or whistle a tune whilst working or playing. This can also be turned into a game. (Snow White was a wise woman).
4. Have a family disco or dance off. Use it as a great opportunity to dance together and connect.
5. Sing!! In the car, in the shower, in the kitchen .. wherever! Just sing. It releases the feel-good hormone endorphins and makes you feel HAPPY.
6. Watch a film clip together with the sound turned off. Gather your instruments and make the soundtrack yourselves. Should it be fast? Slow? Loud? Quiet? Action sequences are really fun to create a soundtrack to.
7. Slow down. Take time to really enjoy doing something together. It could be eating ice cream, reading a book. Anything. But slow down and enjoy it. It is far more satisfying than rushing around.
8. Conduct an orchestra. Another opportunity to gather your family band! Watch a clip from youtube of a conductor with an orchestra so you can see how they use their baton to bring different instruments in and keep everyone in time. Take it in turns to be the conductor of your own orchestra. You could play along with a piece of music too.
9. Spend time with a friendly animal. Research shows that stroking an animal can lower your blood pressure and make you calmer. It also boosts your levels of dopamine which make you feel happy. So, if you combine music AND pets you are on to a winner!
10. Draw a song. Take a piece of paper and a pen each. Play any song you fancy and draw what you hear and feel. Compare your pictures afterwards.